Thursday, July 28, 2005

Smoked salmon and beetroot salad

This is a recipe which I picked up from Jamie Oliver's show last week, and it got stuck in my head for a whole week. It kept recurring every time I would ponder dinner, and finally I got the chance to try it out a couple of days ago.
It is extremely simple, you need a pack of sliced smoked salmon and a jar of sliced beetroots- essentially. Lay the salmon slices out on a big dish and pour the juice of one lemon over them. Arrange the sliced beetroot casually over the sliced salmon, and then drizzle some olive oil and balsamico (always red!). Let the flavours infuse for a little bit (shouldbe at least 15 minutes, but this can be made in advance and kept in the fridge). I also chopped some fresh parsley over the whole dish. Really fresh and like a carpaccio but not! :D
By the by, I can't take responsibility for mentioning Jamie.. I love him to bits and all (my personal fanourite "celeb" chef ever), but i may have altered his recipe in the creative process.. I only remember specific recipes vaguely..

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nina

Came upon your blog by chance - it's got such gorgeous photos of food I was positively drooling by the end.

Thanks for the entertainment

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Katerina said...

Thanks so much! I hope you'll get inspired to try something out too ;)

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Gabs said...

i love jamie oliver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home