Thursday, December 29, 2005


..became these! Julgrisar, or Christmas pigs caught in a moment of frolic:D These charming, if slightly rhino-like marzipan thingies were moulded and placed in the freezer for a little while, to make sure they were a little more stiff and that they wouldn't lose their shape too easily, and then dipped in melted dark chocolate, but only their bottoms, not the whole thing.
I placed these pigs in some small hampers I made as presents to my fiance's parents, his sister and her husband and their grandmother. In the hampers, I also placed a bag of flavoured coffee and special Christmas tea, some pepparkakor with pink frosting (see above), some chocolates that I simply just bought (I don't make everything you know:P) and some almonds in a coating of marzipan flavoured with cinnamon (in little oval shapes, rolled over a little heap of cinnamon on the kitchen counter). Everything was wrapped in red cellophane (which is a real bastard to handle and cut at the desired size I can tell you). Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit smoking!
Oh yeah, I think I've managed to quit smoking, but I haven't had the time or the inclination to realize it yet. It's probably better that way. I will always have a soft spot for smokers though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home