Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bruschetta with tomato gremolata

The world cup is in full effect here in Sweden. I am half-watching, half- surfing, originally mildly interested in the cute english players, but I am pretty bored by now...
Under normal circumstances, I would be in the kitchen popping out one dish after the other and inflicting them upon my unsuspecting, yet willing victim, the fiance. As luck would have it, he is down with a stomach flu today... Which almost destroyed all plans of dabbling in the kitchen.
Here is the one thing I've gotten him to eat all day:


I placed a thin slice of feta cheese on a chunky slice of bread, on which I drizzled some olive oil and sprinkled a small amount of garlic powder, and then toasted in the grill for a few minutes (in the oven- keep an eye on it because it turns to blacken fast!). I topped the sandwich with a mi of chopped tomato, chopped parsley, a dash of olive oil and a dash of balsamico, and half a clove of garlic really, really thinly chopped. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper and taste it before it goes on top of the cheese.

Note: I know it's not "really" a gremolata in the traditional sense of the word, since I didn't use any lemon juice or zest, but balsamico instead. Let's just call it a different version :)

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 07, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Afrikanos said...

Ντάκος...τροποποιημένος ίσως.....?
:-)

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:10:00 PM, Blogger Katerina said...

haha cool! Which one are you using? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home