Thursday, October 20, 2005

Catering

My catering stint went excellent! Saturday was a great experience, it really showed me what it takes to feed 40 hungry swedish people. Who love their meat. And the meat (chicken in this case) happened to be frozen solid at 2 o'clock (dinner scheduled for 7) because someone forgot to take it out of the freezer the previous day... But we managed! Me and the fiance really busted our asses in the kitchen, trying to pry chicken pieces away from each other and defrosting in the microwave 3 pieces at a time (total amount of chicken: 7 kilos). But hey it worked! By the way, the chicken was made with a special coating of grated ginger, chopped fresh chillies and topped off with greek honey. It was wonderfully crusty and sweet/spicy. Dishes also offered:
Oven baked potatoes with garlic, oregano, oil and lemon
Couscous salad with eggplant, zucchini and onion grilled in a balsamico/ sugar sauce
Penne with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and fresh basil
Cabbage, carrot and rocket salad flavoured with garlic
Greek style spicy meatballs
Lots of tzatziki (at the request of a lot of people..)

I think we did good. I hope I get the chance to cook again professionally, I just love it. I feel it is really rewarding to see that people like your food. Perhaps I should consider some professional education in the matter? Hm.

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 24, 2005 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Magica de Spell said...

Way to go Nina!

I wish you all the best with your new adventurous business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home