Thursday, January 12, 2006

Drinkie! no. 2


 Posted by Picasa

Here's a pink one for ther ladies I whipped up the other night. I always try and get creative with alcohol in our place, because all we usually have is vodka (or home brewed vodka, not actually brewed in our home, but some farmer's or something like that, I don't quite know and quite frankly I am not very inclined to discuss it, as I don't really think it is all that unfrowned upon as it should be. Digressing again.) Anyway! So as you can imagine, I always like to challenge myself and try to come up with new ways to use the same stuff and make it taste different. The above concoction was immediately named cotton candy, for obvious reasons. It was a simple base of vodka and lime soda mixed in a cocktail glass, and then added to that was a separate mixture of ice cubes, a splash of Malibu, a dash of vanilla sugar and a couple of drops of concentrated red food colouring. When the ice cubes have been thoroughly crushed and homogenised, you can spoon a couple of small, fluffy heaps into your vodka base, and make sure you serve right away, because obviously the ice mix melts in seconds. For the second batch, I mixed everything together in the blender and added literally a splash of milk. The result was rather cherry-like and creamy. Not bad t'all!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Xenia Extempore said...

Hmm, that drink looks very tasty. my xmas wish from my father was a blender, but he forgot it, so i'll have to wait to try it out;)
I sent you the links to the pics via messenger.*x

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Xenia Extempore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:50:00 PM, Blogger Xenia Extempore said...

Hmm, that drink looks very tasty. my xmas wish from my father was a blender, but he forgot it, so i'll have to wait to try it out;)
I sent you the links to the pics via messenger.*x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home