Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A post irrelevant to cooking, but never irrelevant to a Greek


Posted by Picasa

http://jebadel.com/blog/?p=80#comments

Above, the unassuming beauty of the stolen, so called Elgin marbles. A piece of the Acropolis that we have never forgotten and still urgently and ardently want back. A piece of the Greek heart and of a symbolism so great, that deserves to come home.
Click on the link above and you may leave a comment of support, if you wish to do so. As always, your support and understanding is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oh my lord! Is my face red! I don't know what is going on with blogger, but it won't let me post a link, so you just might have to put in a little extra effort and copy-paste. Apologies! And on my first official visit from the Corsair, too... *feels like Nigella Lawson caught licking fingers*

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katerina,

I agree with you completely! I hope it returns to its rightful home ...

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:31:00 PM, Blogger The Corsair said...

Entirely agreed. The international thefting of art is at diametrical odds with the beauty of the objecfts. The Met's return to Italy of their purloined art might just be the tipping point.

Blog love,
Ron

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Katerina said...

Oh Corsair! Diletto straordinario!I extend humble blog salutations!

I know of your blog wife, but I hope she won't mind if I admire you from afar and nurture my secret crush on your writing style:) And let's hope the pesky Greeks will get back what is rightfully theirs.

Archaic affections,
Nina

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Blogger The Corsair said...

Your archaic affections are classically returned, darling. We can mutually admire each other from across the hazy blogosphere.

xo, R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home